My Babies

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 19, 2007

18 weeks ... My name is Sweet Tater




Holly molly who would have ever thought that being pregnant meant no drugs - I have a horrible cold - sinus infection, ear ache and fever - the ONLY THING I can take is Tylenol and it is not helping - I must have told my Mom yesterday 12 times that I was going to die - it really does suck! I guess it could be worse - I could have been sick like this the entire time - and since this is not baby sick I really shouldn't complain but you would think they would make a drug for us to take when sick!

We are 18 weeks now and this is what baby center had to say:Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a large sweet potato) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

3 comments:

Roadkil said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Cool belly pic. "The Wife" NEVER will let me take pics of the belly? We are at 29 weeks and had the U.S. on Tuesday. The tech said the babe is 3lbs already!!! This is going to be a big babe (We know what it is !!) for us..
Hope you feel better soon. Good Luck
RoadkiL

kimmyk said...

Sorry to hear you're feelin' miserable.

So you're having a sweet potato huh? Sounds like a plan to me. LOL.

Do you have a name yet for her?

kimmyk said...

Oh sorry. I read your comment on my blog and realized you dont know what you're having. I know you can find out at 20weeks, and you kept saying "she" weighs almost 7ozs, she's busy flexing her arms and legs....
so i thought y'all knew.

how fun not to know then.

i have an Abbie. Just Abbie. No Abigail. Such a cool name that Abbie.