My Babies

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sleep ... what is sleep?

Well ... thank you, thank all of you for the well wishes and the advise on putting the baby in her own room! Things have really gone pretty well ... Sunday night Andy slept in the room with her ... on a mattress on the floor. Tuesday and Wednesday night was my night ... I know some of you are thinking why are you in the room with her ... well our little princess uses a paci (that ugly pink thing in all of her pictures) and if miss thing looses it and can't find her hand she cries. So with her room being all the way on the other side of the house and mom and dad needing sleep we have taken turns staying in her room . Tonight I am going back to my own room and so is Andy ... I don't work on Friday so if I have to get up and walk over there no big deal! I am hoping I will be able to let her cry it out a little more now! For the most part things are going great ... if you have any suggestions on letting her cry it out I would love to hear them!


Now for your Tatum fix:




5 comments:

Katy S. said...

I just love her eyes!!! Good luck with the sleeping. It was not that long ago I was right there with ya!

Heather said...

Fabulous pic - love the feathers! We still deal with the occasional "binky blow". Not nearly as often as it used to be, though (maybe once a week). I recommend keeping a spare nearby in case it gets thrown out and you can't find it. I also move the binky closer to Laney when I check on her if she is sleeping with it out. That way if she wakes up without it there is a higher chance she will put it in herself.

Anonymous said...

That picture is awesome! Have a great weekend!

Stephanie823 said...

Stella never used a binky - I didn't care one way or the other but she never really took to it. Fine by me! But I did read somewhere to put like 10 binkies in the crib at night. That way, no matter where she reaches, there's a binky! I would give it a shot!

Chris said...

What an adorable freaking pic! LOVE IT. Yes, we put Lindsay down with one binky and then when we go check on her before we go to bed we slip an extra at the head of the crib. She usually finds one. It's when they stand up and throw it on the floor and realize that was not such a good move that the crying really starts! LOL! We're going out of town next weekend but the next weekend we're home we're going to try a night without it and see if we can make the paci disappear for good. I'm sure it will make for good blogging.