My Babies

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

2 posts ... one day ... holly beegeezus

Well I hate to report this, but the Milk Train is slowing running out of gas. Before my weekend away it started happening, the right side was still chugging strong and the left ... well it was starting to run on fumes. Once on my long weekend I tried and tried to stay on top of it and keep hydrated and take them to the pump as often as I should have. For the most part I was on schedule except for the 8pm stop and it was delayed both nights until well after 1am. All of the pumps were a waste, they had to be dumped down the drain. Now that I am home, the little one is having a very hard time getting back on that train. She seems okay after a few minutes on the right, but the left is a VERY HURTFUL "Tug and Go." I am not sure if she is used to the artificial nozzle now or if she just likes being able to look around while filling up. What ever it is, we made it 4 months ... yep she will me 4 months young on Thursday we go in for our 4 month old tune up on Friday - shots and all ... how scary! I guess then we will ask for advise on how to make the dreaded switch! Should you have ANY advise PLEASE comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS - Mephis Steve ... Yes I am talking about the Ta~Tas and the baby not wanting them anymore ... can you imagine that?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I had to read and re-read. I was like what in the hell is she talking about... I know how you feel. My oldest Allstar would latch on at all.. hurt my feelings! Tigger was very sick as a baby so although he latched on he wasn't able to do it because he had to be under the lights... This is just step one to T growing up... its part of life. She still loves you even though she is not liking the ta-tas anymore....:-)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah -- I can't wait to see the costume on Friday...

Heather said...

First, congrats on making it four months.

Something similar happened to me when I went back to work, Laney took the transition pretty easy since she already knew how to take a bottle. Me on the other hand!

BTW - Sam's & CostCo both sell great store brand formulas that will save you beaucoup bucks!

Christina said...

Four months is a great accomplishment!

If you want to keep breastfeeding and bring your milk supply back up, try Fenugreek capsules. Take 3 capsules 3-4 times daily until your supply is back - it generally takes 3-5 days. Once you have enough supply, you don't need to keep taking the Fenugreek. :)

Chris said...

Good Luck with shots on Friday. At that age they are much worse on MOMMY!

Love the new layout!

Nature Girl said...

I only nursed my kids for four months too...for the first one I just wasn't healthy enough and he wasn't getting enough nourishment from me..the second one...same reason as you. It'll all work out...
and look at the bright side..now daddy can get up for those middle of the night feedings!
Stacie