My Babies

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Name is Moley


This week I am 16 weeks -

My size:
4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, your baby is about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, she'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling her weight and adding inches to her length. Her lower limbs are much more developed now. Her head is more erect than it has been, and her eyes have moved toward the front of her head. Your baby's ears are close to their final position, too. Some of her more advanced body systems are working, including her circulatory system and urinary tract. Her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, circulating her total blood volume through her body many times.


3 comments:

kimmyk said...

Do you feel that 'flutter' yet?
It's been so long since I had a bean in my belly that I forget all those fun stages. I remember the first time I heard my sons heart beat I was in delivery and they had the fetal monitor hooked up to me and I kept thinking "Will someone turn that annoying sound off!" and then one of the nurses told me it was my sons heart beating. OH MY WORD did I bawl.

I hadn't thought about that in almost gosh, 14 years or so I bet.
Fun times being pregnant. I always loved it. Felt weird after delivery cause I was an empty shell.

How exciting for you and your husband..I hope you enjoy this time. You should print your blog posts relating to your pregnancy for those moments when you forget all the little details.

Roadkil said...

I saw you post on the other KimmyK's Blog and took a look. Congrats on the new one on the way!! "The Wife" is currently expecting #5. Happy New Year.
RoadkiL

MBKimmy said...

To Kimmy K
I wasn't sure if there was a way to respond to your comment so I left it in my comment box and now sending it to you ...
if you know how I can please let me know!

The flutter - haven't felt it yet - but I think I am searching too much for it - ha ha
we are very excited and I can't believe I actually let him talk me into not finding out the sex - I guess that gives us one more thing to look forward too ...
mostly wanted to let you know that I have been keeping a journal and I have been saving all of the e-mails and such to add into it -

Glad to have met you and stay in touch!